Thursday, October 31, 2013

Circle Statements



I found an activity to use in individual counseling that I adore. I found it from Child Therapy Techniques . I call them "Circle Statements". Through publisher, I created a document with eight circles. Inside the circles I wrote various statements. If the student agreed with the statement, they colored in the entire circle. If they disagreed they left it blank. If they agreed a little they could color in just a small part of the circle and so forth. I was amazed at how effective it was at getting students to share with me. I was surprised at some of the responses and how deeply they resonated with me. When processing the activity, I gained so much more insight on my students and their feelings.


Circle Statements:

  • It is hard for me to talk about my problems. 
  • I pretend that everything is okay even when I am upset. 
  • I feel loved and cared for. 
  • I feel I am a good person
  • I like myself. 
  • I get along well with my family.
  • I get along well with other kids. 
  • I am worried that I will not do well in school. 





No comments:

Post a Comment