Monday, January 6, 2014

AIS Secret Service Group

I found an awesome idea for a small group online from The Inspired Counselor blog (which I absolutely LOVE). I decided to try and implement my own Secret Service Group at my school using the blog post as a guiding light. The idea behind the group is to promote RANDOM ACTS OF KINDNESS (RAKS). Well, let me say, this has already been a HUGE success. Each week, my Secret Agents receive their Secret Missions for the upcoming week. They have until the next group session to complete the mission. Each week, we target a different group in the school.

Here is our breakdown: 
Week 1: Classroom based RAK.
Week 2: Home-based RAK (this was over the holiday break)
Week 3: RAK for Nannies, Guards and Cleaners.
Week 4: RAK for Grades K-1.
Week 5: RAK for Canteen staff.
Week 6: RAK "Create-your-own"
Week 7: RAK WEEK!! (Secret Agents will be completing tasks throughout the entire week and promoting RAK week school-wide!)
Week 8: Closing Session (review of the group, celebration, etc.)

The students complete journals every week as well and reflect on their RAK and how it made themselves and others feel. I will be posting pictures and some of their products soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment